|About Superman Is Dead|
The name 'Superman is Dead' started its' evolution from Stone Temple Pilot's "Superman Silvergun". The name moved on to "Superman is Dead" cause they like the idea that there's no such thing as a perfect person out there.
SID public image, self described, is "Punk Rock a Bali" (think raw energy of NOFX vs Social Distortion supersonically fueled with beer-soaked Balinese Rockabilly attitude).
In March 2003, SID finally signed with Sony-BMG Indonesia after extended negotiations regarding their right to sing the majority of their tracks in English and have full artistic rights over their 'image'!! With that decision they single handedly became the first band from Bali to be invited to sign with a major recording label in Indonesia, the first band in their nation (to my knowledge) to be recording majority of songs in English and the first punk band in Indonesia to get the national exposure and promotion that working with a major label in a third world country provides. And so the history of Indonesian Punk Rock begins!
And as for the question that everyone wants to know, the infamous bomb in Bali happened about 75 M from their home, hangout center, punk rock boutique, bar and rehearsal studio that is also Jrx' house, in the heart of Kuta.
And where are they now? At the end of 2002, one of the more respectable music mags here cited SID as "The Next Big Thing" for 2003. With the release of their fourth album "Kuta Rock City" followed by major air play nationally and in some countries overseas, coupled with the instant popularity of their newest film clip.
SID suddenly find themselves touring continuously throughout Indonesia. Last week they were in four major Indonesian cities, on three islands, in 7 days! Sometimes playing for free at underground scene clubs, sometimes at street skate parties or alternative band festivals, at lots of universities and even occasionally at "classy" venues who would have probably denied them entrance years ago!
In 2003 SID even got a mention in Time Asia.
October 2007, they did an amazing Australian tour, 8 cities, 16 gigs, 33 days with their strong D.I.Y work ethic.
• Superman Is Dead “Hot & Freaky People 2003” MTV Trax Magazine January 2003
• June 2003 Superman Is Dead “MTV Exclusive Artist of the Month”
• Double Platinum Sony Music for Kuta Rock City Album
• 2003, MTV Award “Most Favorite New Artist”
• 2003, AMI Award “The Best New Artist”
• 2004, SCTV Music Awards “The Most Famous Album Nominee, Pop Rock Category” for Kuta Rock City Album
• 2006, AMI Awards “The Best Rock Album Nominee” for Black Market Love Album
• 2006, “Superman Is Dead The Best Local Band” The Beat Awards.
• 20 the best Indonesian Album 2006 for The Black Market Love Album. Rolling Stones Magazine Januari 2007
• April 2007, SID Opening Act for American Punk Rock Band NOFX at Hard Rock Café, Kuta, Bali.
• Soundrenaline Sound of Change 2007 Jimbaran Bali, “Message of Change” Artist Nominee.
• 17 June 2007, Guest Star Artist “Final Gudang Garam Rock Competition” Jakarta
• October 2007, Superman Is Dead did an amazing Australian tour, 8 cities, 16 gigs, 33 days.
• 150 the Best Indonesian Album for Kuta Rock City Album. Rolling Stones Magazine, Special Collectors’ Edition Desember 2007.
• 50 Hype Things in Indonesian Music Industrial 2008 for Superman Is Dead.
• Trax Music & Attitude Magazine Edition Januari 2008.
• 2008, Openning Act MXPX Jakarta.
• “SID as a New Icons of Bali”. Yak Magazine Maret, April, May 2008.
2002 “White Town” Album “Bad Bad Bad” Director by Outsider Film
2003 “Kuta Rock City” Album ”Kuta Rock City” Director by Rizal Mantovani
2003 “Punk Hari Ini” Album “Kuta Rock City” Director by Ridwan
2004 “Muka Tebal” Album ”The Hangover Decade” Director by Outsider Film
2004 “Rock ‘N Roll Band” Album “The Hangover Decade” Director by Outsider Film
2004 “Disposable Lies” Album “The Hangover Decade” Director by Umum Production
2006 “Bukan Pahlawan” Album “Black Market Love ”Director by Eric Est Movie
2006 “Black Market Love” Album “Black Market Love” Director by Bob Calabrito
2007 “Menginjak Neraka” Album “Black Market Love” Director by Eric Est. Movie
2007 “Lady Rose” Album “Black Market Love ”Director by Eric Est. Movie
2007 “Goodbye Whiskey” Album “Black Market Love” Director by Outsider Film
2008, Superman Is Dead Rock-A-Bali Australian Tour 2007, Produksi outSIDer Inc, Format DVD, For Promotional Stuff Not for Sale
2009, " Kuat Kita Bersinar " Album " Angels and The Outsiders" Director by Patrick Effendy
2009, " Jika Kami Bersama- Featuring Shaggy Dog " Album " Angels and The Outsiders" Director by Patrick Effendy
Some Videos have been uploaded at Youtube.com Please click the URL to check'em out :